Saturday, January 30, 2010

Wiener Dog Alert

As I wrote before, my sons and I periodically perform scientific experiments. This is especially true
when it comes to wintery weather and snow. We began running snow density tests last March of
2009 when we got that good snow. The idea is to see how far our family wiener dog would sink
down into a good 3 to 4 foot snow drift. We hypothesized that the less dense the snow is, the
farther the dog would sink. Last year when we first conducted the test, my wife didn't know we
were using her dapple dachshund in this manner, but this year she found out. Yeah, my youngest
son and myself are in the "dog house"! The pictures I have sent are of my youngest son, Garrett Dorman
dropping, Sassy the wiener dog. She was a very willing participant and I think we have her paw print on
a waiver form somewhere around here.
Oh, if you are wondering where this took place, we live about a mile and a half west of News Channel
10, out in Rolling Hills.
Gary Dorman

No comments: