Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Moon/Comet Shots


Hi Dave!
This is one of the oddest photo sessions I've ever done!   My Canon telephoto camera battery wasn't working so I used my digital Kodak EasyShare Z710....& zoomed it all the way up to take most of these.   I'm only sending a few of what I snapped from the front porch tonite, & I'm really not sure what showed up!   Exposure was slower on the sliver of moon...I like the way those always turn out on slow exposure (from batteries wearing down)!  I notice it more when taking photos of fireworks opening.  They can look like jagged cut-tin.   BUT!  I'm wondering if you can see "the comet" on any of these.   My brother & I were trying to see it, from different homes, & I think he said all he noticed different was a "speck" at about 7 o'clock on the moon.   I did notice something on a few photos, but took so many...& it's late, I'm not really sure what I'm looking for.      I'll be listening to you on the weather... to see if you say just WHERE it is...ON the moon, just off of the moon?    I missed it the night before.        Regardless!   Just thought you might like to see some odd photos of the moon at 9-9:30 last night.  If you have a photo program and adjust the saturation or contrast, they will look really fun & different.    I mostly "brightened" these...and lowered the "highlights" so they wouldn't bright-out.       I did move saturation from colored to black & white...so we can see them better.
Looking forward to SPRING...and NO HIGH WINDS!   Trying to save a pine tree from blowing out of the ground...it's anchored pretty well now.                 Looking forward to watching the clouds this spring & summer!      Sharon in Umbarger
-----Original Message-----
From: minntx23 <minntx23@aol.com>
To: MinnTx23 <MinnTx23@aol.com>
Sent: Thu, Mar 14, 2013 12:23 am

No comments: