Sunday, March 29, 2009

Snow Photos.

I'm surprised there aren't photos from Dalhart, since they were mentioned on the national weather about 12' drifts! Maybe I missed our weather here about it~

I'm the one who sent you photos from Buffalo Lake when it flooded in Hereford, as the water filled in. I love taking pictures but can't figure out the "edit" option on my computer...not the same as my last one. SO~! I hope you can edit anything off you might want to. Feel free~
I'll send you a series of Sat. in Umbarger at my Mom's...Frances Gerber. She's almost 93. (My Dad's sister is/was Rosena Albracht,,,who is Jacob Albracht's Grandmother who passed away...so Jacob is my 2nd cousin) This series will be of a few photos at Mom's house where the redtop bushes were loaded down with snow and covered the door, and also drifts along the back of the house. Then we drove out to Palo Duro Canyon to see if anything was left there...which there was only a little, but there is water running at all crossings,,,,and #6 is running over the road! I was kind of afraid to drive thru' it, but did ok! We saw alot of turkey and a few deer. I'd never dared to stop at the "pull-overs" along the park road going out of the canyons, but did this time. At the first stop, I climbed up on the ledge and there were 3 deer~!!! Right below me! You know the feeling of falling forwards and backwards at the same time!? haha! I'm not expecting you to use any of these...I like to travel around and take photos...so thought I'd send you some as I go occassionally~ These 1st ones are in Umbarger. Enjoy! Sharon Gerber

No comments: