Friday, March 27, 2009

Lacey & the snow / in Amarillo

Hi guys,

Thanks for the reporting you all have been doing today. Out in the cold, etc ... to keep us safe & informed. Appreciate it much.

Wanted to share this pic of my Aussie (Australian Shepherd); Lacey. She loves the snow! More than anything else however, it is her job to "play ball". Does not matter where she is, or what she might run over to get the ball. She will track it down, catch it (often), block it ... whatever it takes. And she brings it back for more. You don't have to do anything but stand in one place & kick it - she does the rest. If she doesn't bring it back quite in front of you; all you have to do is tell her, "I can't reach it" & she'll get it to you because she knows she can't do her job if you can't kick it for her! She loves to play ball with "snowballs" ... doesn't matter what the ball is, she will go after it. When the snowball disappears into a pile of snow, she will get her face down in there & hunt for it. Sometimes, she will catch it ... but then she eats it so you have to create another snowball.
This pic I'm sending was taken this morning when I ventured out into the yard with her ... she was ready to do her job: Play Ball! The cold & snow & wind didn't factor in, to get in the way of her job ... needless to say, however, it was very MUCH a factor with me!!! We didn't stay out long but here she is, trying to convince me she had a job to do & needed me to do my part!
Hope you enjoy the photo & story behind my Aussie; Lacey. She's a great friend!
Thanks again guys.
Longing for Home...
Run Well. Stay Righteous!
In His grace ~ Jesus & me...nancy :o)

No comments: